Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer is Satisfying

This summer, which I cannot believe is half over!, has been a completely challenging yet super satisfying! I am still astounded as I look around and see the way the Lord continually provides for me daily, weekly, and even hourly.

As most know I took NCLEX, a test to see if I could practice as a nurse in the state of Iowa, and by God's complete provision and mercy, I PASSED! I was incredibly humbled, throughout the two days I waited for results, by the way the Lord canvased me with peace and grace about them. It wasn't about passing or failing, it was about rejoicing in who Christ is to me and what he does for me daily.

Since passing, the job hunt has been in full force. I am looking for part-time clinic jobs due to working with Campus Fellowship at DMACC come August. It is definitely bitter-sweet looking for new jobs, because it means leaving KTC is a reality in my life. I realize it is most likely time for me to move on and learn new challenges, meet new people, and learn to serve the Lord in a new capacity. I am excited to see where the Lord will have me! So, I have applied to just about every clinic job I have seen posted that is part-time and had my first interview on Friday! They were wonderful and I will find out tomorrow if I got the job or not! I would be working in a small office doing allergy testing and shots along with PFT (pulmonary function tests) for people who have asthma, along with lots of education, which is my favorite!

Not really thinking anything of it, I applied to a job on Saturday, where I would be going around in the community giving immunizations, such a flu shots. Today they called me and hired me! It is a seasonal job and extremely flexible! I will be able to basically pick my own hours and where I want to go! I was completely blown away by the Lord's provision here! He loves to bless in incredible ways!

Looking back on the last month, I have been so grateful by the Lord's presence. Throughout the summer our church has a leadership training program called EpiCenter. Weekly, we have other pastors from other Great Commission Churches come in and speak. This year has been mind-blowing, humbling, challenging, and just all around wonderful! I am so thankful these men have decided to 'fight the good fight of faith' and walk with the Lord all these years, for their wisdom they bestow on me and what I can learn. A couple weeks ago, the message was about faithfulness. I was so challenged in the way I have been living and to be more faithful with the things the Lord has entrusted to me. God values faithfulness and therefore so should I. Then Dan on Saturday night talked about serving and that was pretty much a slap in the face and the two tied in so well! To be faithful in serving the Lord throughout my days will sometimes not be the top item on my list, but as a Christ follower it is what I am called to do. By the grace of God, I am starting to see tiny improvements and all of the glory goes to Him!

Also, the girls and myself for lifegroup this summer are going through a book by Angela Thomas called Do you think I'm beautiful? (yes, if some of you remember this is why my blog is called, what it's called) She uses the analogy throughout the book about dancing with Jesus and how we sometimes miss the dance due to different 'womanly' issues we need to deal with.

A couple weeks ago, we read a chapter entitled "The Other Lovers". Basically it just went through different things that take Jesus' spot in our lives and how we need to understand and realize that nothing will fill our hearts and satisfy our desires, longings, passions, etc except Jesus and how we must give him that spot in our life. This was a very humbling chapter for me and somewhere it says "...we must realize that we are unable, but Jesus is able." After reading that a whole bunch of other stuff just kind of fell into place, because I needed to realize that I was trying to make them happen and it wasn't God's divine plan. Despite my sin, God's beauty, grace, and ability still remain. He is able to make me whole and able to give me my desires, not myself.

Prayerfully, this summer will only continue to grow my faith and love for Jesus and I'll be dancing more in August than I was in May.

until then.... REJOICE!

Claiming
* Isaiah 58:11
* Habakkuk 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment