Friday, July 15, 2011

Blessings in Abundance

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
Matthew 7:7-8, 11

A few months ago, I was relistening to a message by Dan Rude from the DTC, given sometime in November I believe. It was about prayer. The Lord has recently been challenging me to cultivate a prayer life that is pleasing to him. Dan shared this verse and it has been my companion when it comes to prayer, and oh my how the Lord has used it!

He has been extremely faithful in my life just giving me what I ask for. There was a point in the message that Dan shared "I don't want to get to heaven and see all I could have had, but I didn't ask for it." Now, that does not give me the right to ask for ridiculous things, such as a brand new car, or a million dollars, or anything off the wall, but just what I need and that I can trust the Lord to provide. So, I was praying about how it would be really nice to have a twin bed frame just not even really thinking much about it. Then I saw some garage sale signs in my neighborhood and was like, "Oh, I love garage sales!" So I went and lo behold, there was a beautiful twin black (my favorite color to decorate with) bed frame for 7 dollars! I was so blown away by the Lord's abundant provision! I then took a step back and realized that the Lord will come through for every time. Sometimes it may not be the exact answer I want or desire, but it is the answer that advances His Kingdom, puts him on the throne, not myself, and is best for my life, even when I think I know best.

This brings me to the real reason for blogging twice in one week! For over 3 years I and countless others (thank you by the way, Jesus will reward you better than I ever will be able too) have been praying for a job once I graduated nursing school. I had an interview a week ago today, at an Allergy and Asthma Clinic, here in Des Moines, and I was offered the job on Wednesday! Honestly, I could not have hand-picked a better job for me! The hours are perfect (I'll be part-time since I am working with Campus Fellowship at DMACC part-time as well), the staff seem wonderful, the job not too intense, and hopefully and prayerfully a place the gospel will be advanced. I will probably be the youngest person there by a few years, but it doesn't scare me. They all seem like family there, so I am trusting the Lord I'll fit in and be able to glorify him in this position as an RN. The Lord has also answered many other prayers in regard to this job and I am still in awe of his abundant provision.

Lastly, thank you to all the people who interceded on my behalf to the giver of all things and who has for now blessed me with this! Your prayers have been coveted since the day I started nursing school. It was a giant in my life, but by God's grace and love and the victory that I already have received by Jesus' death on the cross, I was successful! These verses describe well, how I feel,

"Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth. Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel"
Isaiah 12:4-6

Praise the Lord, for he has done excellent things!

REJOICE <3

No comments:

Post a Comment