Thursday, November 3, 2011

begging

Last week, I was reading in Luke 16 and was very challenged by the story Jesus was telling about the rich man and Lazarus. As the story goes, both of these men died. Lazarus went to heaven once he left earth, the rich man - hell. Due to the fact that the rich man built his kingdom on earth and Lazarus built his for the next life they were rewarded as such. Just is the same with us. Either we accept the gift Jesus gave us or we pay the price.

The story continues, the rich man sees Abraham and Lazarus off in the distance and calls to them asking for one drop of water for his tongue because he was in anguish. However, Abraham told him there is no rest, no way to bridge the chasm that separates hell from heaven once one is already there. Then the rich man says something so profound,
"Then I beg you, father, to send him [Lazarus] to my father's house-for I have five brothers - so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment." Luke 16:27-28

Just as Dan and Luke always say, everyone in Hell believes, but this just motivates me to action in such a bold way that I am filled with urgency. He desires for his family to believe so that they may not experience the painful agony of hell and its consuming fire.

I have been challenged by the way I share the gospel, not just due to command, but with a since of urgent compassion, I have noticed a way I think about people in passing, and even just how I view my time. I honestly, have such little time to use, but I desire to use it to the best of my ability - only by the grace I am given from Jesus Christ alone.

Granted all of this is impossible without the free gift God gave us in his son - Jesus, over 2,000 years ago. He came to earth, lived a perfect sinless life unlike everyone else [Romans 3:23] and then gave his life - died on a cross for you and me, [Romans 5:8 ; John 3:16] His love for you is so great that he did not want for you to enter into eternal destruction-hell. He wants you to be able to live forever in heaven, but we are only able to do that once we have an understanding that we are sinners and have fallen short of perfection [10 commandments] and need a Savior to be make right-Jesus. All you have to do is this "9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved." Romans 10:9-10.

Prayerfully, you will all consider this gift and accept. If you are already a christian - then beg Christ for the salvation of others and become active in sharing you faith! How else is the world to hear?

"Shout it, go on and scream if from the mountains. Go on and tell it to the masses, that he is God."

until the whole world hears - REJOICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment